On November 19-20, a delegation of politicians, entrepreneurs and members of humanitarian organizations from Germany, Norway and Russia visited the Donetsk People's Republic.
Members of the delegation:
- Chairman of the Left Party (Die Linke) in the Osnabrück region, Andreas Maurer, leader of the project People's Diplomacy of Germany;
- Representative of the public organization “People's Diplomacy” in the Kingdom of Norway Hendrik Weber;
- Representative of the humanitarian organization “Happy Children of Germany” Andreas Frauenstein;
- Coordinator of the “People's Diplomacy” in Russia Artem Aksenenko;
- Head of the charity fund “Solidarity. Good. Charity” Vladimir Sych.
During the visit, the guests were in Gorlovka, where they communicated with local residents who suffered from hostilities, handed over to the pupils of school No. 19 greeting cards with New Year's greetings from the children of Germany, and also visited the Republican Traumatology Center. In addition, the delegates held a number of meetings with the leadership of the Republic, including the Head of the Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs Natalia Nikonorova, as well as Acting Minister of Industry Alexey Granovsky.
Foreign guests summed up their arrival to the DPR during a joint conference with the Acting Foreign Minister of Foreign Affairs Natalia Nikonorova. According to the members of the delegation, they came to see the truth about what is happening in Donbass and to tell about it in Europe. During the meetings with the head of the foreign policy department, a number of issues on further humanitarian cooperation were discussed. The delegates expressed confidence that this visit will expand the horizons of cooperation between the Donetsk People’s Republic and the world community through people’s diplomacy.
Photos are here.