On Friday, April 27, 2018, under the patronage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Donetsk People’s Republic, a delegation of public figures and representatives of humanitarian organizations from Germany and Russia arrived to the Donetsk People's Republic.
The main purpose of the visit was to get acquainted with the consequences of hostilities, the humanitarian situation, to communicate with the affected civilians.
Members of the foreign delegation:
1. Fred Schramm – a representative of the charitable organization ”Wächter”.
2. Matthias Schröte – a representative of the charitable organization “Wächter”.
3. Sabine Yann – an artist, a pop singer.
4. Rudolf Künster – an art figure, a pop singer.
5. Frithjof Kerger – a representative of alternative media.
6. Birgit Vogel – a representative of alternative media.
7. Anton Shtokl – a security specialist, military expert.
8. Vladimir Sych – president of the humanitarian organization “Solidarity. Good. Charity”.
9. Nikolai Verbitsky – a representative of a humanitarian organization.
10. Artem Aksyonenko - coordinator of the project “People's diplomacy in Russia”.
The visit to the Donetsk People’s Republic began with a visit to the village Zaitsevo. Foreign guests were able to see for their own eyes the whole destruction of residential buildings and infrastructure, as well as to communicate with local residents, who are suffering from the hostilities of the Ukrainian army.
Also, delegates visited school No.42, to the pupils of which delegates presented gifts from indifferent citizens of Germany and Russia.
Following the visit, the guests attended a press conference, where they described their impressions of the visit. According to them, they did not expect at the beginning of the 21st century to see such destruction in the very center of Europe. The guests also noted that they were impressed by the courage of local residents who did not leave their homes during fierce battles and now live almost on the front line.