Today, on May 19, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Donetsk People's Republic Natalia Nikonorova spoke out on the topic "The DPR: Struggle for freedom and historical justice" at the educational marathon "New Horizons".
At the event, organized by the Russian society "Znanie", Deputy Prime Ministers of the Russian Federation Dmitry Chernyshenko and Yuri Borisov, Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov, Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media Maksut Shadaev, Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov, Minister Economic Development Maxim Reshetnikov, Presidential Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov, Director of the Information and Press Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Maria Zakharova, Head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Kadyrov and many other officials of the Russian Federation, as well as representatives of culture, science, sports and tourism.
- During her speech, Natalia Nikonorova touched upon the following topics:
- Formation of the Donetsk-Krivoy Rog Soviet Republic within Russia during the revolutionary years;
- History of Donbass as part of Ukraine and its relation to the Euromaidan;
- The identity of the Donbass people as part of the Russian socio-cultural space;
- Creation of the Donetsk People's Republic and its struggle against the nationalist regime in Ukraine;
- Recognition of the Republic by the Russian Federation and prospects for its development in a new status.
At the end of her speech, the Minister addressed the young marathon’s participants with parting words:
“The most important thing, what conclusions should be drawn from all the events that have taken place in Ukraine, is to independently receive and analyze information. Because no slogans, no propaganda, no ideology can neutralize values that we live by that our ancestors defended.”