Today, October 24, 2015, with an assistance of Armenian community and the DPR Ministry of Foreign Affairs the remains from Republic Rescue Union «Donbass» were given to the grandson of fallen in GPW Red Army soldier Gegam Pailevanjan.
The event was attended by:
• the grandson of fallen in GPW Red Army soldier Gegam Pavlevaljan;
• Alexander Kofman, the DPR Foreign Minister;
• Alexander Maltsev, the chief of the Republic Rescue Union «Donbass»;
• Aleksandr Karamjan, Deputy Chairman of Donetsk Armenian community;
• Konstantin Dolgov, the DPR MFA official representative.
As Alexander Kofman stressed, the event was significant for all Republic. In spite of challenging period, dictated by the war time conditions, search of the remains of the fallen in GPW keeps on at all territory of the Donetsk People’s Republic. Despite negative image that is imposed upon Donbass citizens to the world community, the DPR citizens are still honest and kind-hearted people who sacredly commemorate their heroic ancestries.
Also Alexander Kofman announced Monument opening for fallen soldiers-Homeland defenders, where unidentified remains of GTW soldiers, officers and fallen Donbass defenders are to be buried. Monument opening is to take place on December 3, 2015 in Amvrosievka, the DPR.
After this, the remains of fallen Red Army soldier Gegam Pailevanjan were given to his grandson who will take the remains to Armenia and bury them honorably on the native land.