Today, January 27, 2016, a round table on the theme "The problem of genocide in the modern world and its international implications (for example, the conflict in Donbass)", dedicated to the International Holocaust Remembrance Day took place in Donetsk. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Donetsk People`s Republic was an organizer of the event.
The event was attended by:
1. Olga Parfinenko - Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the DPR.
2. Alexander Afendikov - Director of the Foreign Policy Department of the DPR Head`s Administration.
3. Alexander Starchenko - representative of the Foreign Policy Department of the DPR Head`s Administration.
3. Taymuraz Gibizov - Plenipotentiary Representative of the Republic of South Ossetia.
5. Arie Schwartz - chairman of the Jewish community.
6. Andrey Litvinov - deputy chairman of the Jewish community.
7. Tatjana Zavertanaya - representative of the Roma women "Miriklya" community.
8. Irina Erdmann - Chairman of the Polish Culture "Polonia" community.
9. Alexander Karamyan - Deputy Chairman of the Armenian community.
10.Temur Vanacha - representative of the Abkhazian community.
In the frame of the meeting participants discussed the rise of neo-Nazism, facts of xenophobia in the contemporary world and the direct consequences of such manifestations in Ukraine. Parallels between the events of the Great Patriotic War, such as the Holocaust and the establishment of concentration camps, and the consequences of the Kiev regime actions in the territory of Donbas were risen as well.
The round table adopted a resolution which included an appeal to all UN Member States to express their clear position on the rise of Nazism, xenophobia and anti-Semitism in modern Ukraine, to give a clear assessment of the facts of the genocide of Donbass population from the Ukrainian army and armed groups and then initialize relevant international legal processes against the culprits.